Everybody loves frothy espresso-based beverages, but if you buy your daily cappuccino from your local coffee shop, the cost soon adds up – so it makes sense to buy a machine and make it at home instead.
There are so many machines to pick from that sometimes deciding which one go for can be difficult – so to help, here are our top picks for best home cappuccino machine to help you make the right choice.
The Best Home Cappuccino Machines In 2021
1. Keurig K-Cafe Single Serve Latte and Cappuccino Maker
The Keurig K-Café is among the latest iterations of the original pod-based coffee machine. With it, you can make a whole range of coffee drinks including things like cappuccinos, lattes, and all your other coffee shop favorites.
For cappuccino fans, one of the biggest attractions will be the frother that allows you to make silky smooth froth for an authentic coffee shop experience. The machine is also incredibly easy to use, something that has always been an advantage of Keurig right from the start.
We also like the way it’s compatible with a travel mug, allowing you to take your coffee with you on the way to work. The parts are machine-washable too, so you won’t have to worry about washing them manually.
One minor negative that some people might complain about is the size of the reservoir since it only holds enough for about six cups. This means you’ll probably find yourself filling it up more often than you’d like.
Also, Keurig machines have never been the most ecological of choices – although they are much better than they used to be, all those one-use K-cups are still not great for the environment.
All in all, Keurig machines are great if you want the ultimate in convenience, and one of these will allow you to brew perfect cappuccinos and other coffees every time. If that sounds like the kind of thing you’re interested in, this is a machine that could be worth checking out.
- Easy controls – a hallmark of Keurig machines down the years
- Can make a range of drinks – including cappuccinos, lattes and more
- Good frother – allows you to make high-quality silky froth
- Travel mug-friendly – make coffee to take on your commute in the morning
- Dishwasher-safe parts – no need to wash by hand
- Small tank – only holds enough for around 6 cups
- Keurig not great for the environment – although now better than before
2. NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Cappuccino and Latte Pod Machine
If you like the convenience of a Keurig pod-based machine but want to explore other possibilities for a cappuccino machine, this model from Nescafé could be another option.
Like the Keurig, it produces a perfect brew every time and is easy to operate too. You can also customize your drink, adjusting the temperature and size of your coffee.
15 different pods are available for this machine, including a cappuccino as well as several flavored lattes and more, and since it extracts coffee under up to 15 bars of pressure, it gives you an authentic coffee shop taste.
That said, this machine has no frothing wand, so your cappuccinos and lattes will lack the coffee shop-style froth – so if that’s important to you, this might not be the best machine to go for.
Also, another minor issue is that the reservoir is a little awkward to remove, making it difficult to fill – although this is something you will probably get used to.
In short, this is a great machine if you want something that will make a range of drinks including a delicious cappuccino – but if the authentic froth is important to you, you’re probably better off looking elsewhere.
- Compact machine – and also a sleek and attractive design
- Super easy to use – anybody will be able to operate it
- Can make hot or cold beverages – great for summer or winter
- Brews under pressure – for the authentic coffee shop experience
- Customizable – can adjust the size and temperature of your coffee
- Awkward to refill – hard to remove the reservoir
- No frother – so not authentic cappuccino
3. Sowtech Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine (Budget Pick)
For those who prefer to pull their espresso shots and make their coffee drinks the traditional way like a real barista, this Sowtech machine could be a great choice – especially if you don’t want to spend lots of money on a top-end machine.
By brewing espresso under pressure, it produces espresso in the same way as the machines used by the pros – although, at only 3.5 bar, the pressure is less than in a professional machine.
Furthermore, it includes a frothing wand that will allow you to make your own cappuccinos and lattes just like in your favorite coffee shop, so fans of coffee shop-style beverages are sure to love it.
However, the lack of pressure does mean the espresso lacks the silky crema of espresso pulled from an expensive machine – although, at this kind of price point, the coffee it makes is more than acceptable.
Also, some people might not like that you need to add water each time – it doesn’t have a reservoir that holds water, so you need to pour in water for your coffee every time you use it.
In sum, a great pick for those who enjoy making coffee shop-style espresso-based drinks like cappuccino at home – but for those looking for professional quality espresso, you will have to be willing to spend more money than a budget machine like this costs.
- Versatile machine – can make espresso and all espresso-based drinks
- Includes frother – for making authentic coffee shop cappuccinos and lattes
- Extracts under pressure – for the real coffee shop flavor
- Compact machine – small footprint won’t’ take up too much space
- Inexpensive option – represents great value for money
- No crema on espresso – but still good for this price point
- Need to add water each time – no reservoir
4. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker (Our Top Pick)
Pulling espressos like a barista is a skill that takes time to learn, but if you want to skip the months of training and are just interested in drinking great coffee at home, and automatic brewing system like this one could be the answer.
It brews under pressure at 15 bar, and all you have to do to select your drink is press one button and the machine does the rest. It even has an auto-frother, so you don’t need to worry about messing around with a wand.
We like the way both the milk and the water reservoirs are easy to fill, and the coffee it produces is hot rather than lukewarm, which can be important for some people.
There’s little about this machine that we dislike. We might complain that, even though it’s easy to use, you might need to experiment with it a little at the beginning before you can make perfect coffee just the way you like it.
Other than that, the only issue is the price since it isn’t cheap – however, we think it still represents great value for money, and if you don’t mind meeting the price tag for something you can use to make great cappuccinos and other drinks, this machine is worth considering.
- Auto-brewing system – one-touch brewing
- Brews under pressure – at 15 bar
- Auto-frother – no need to mess about with a wand
- Easy to fill – water and milk reservoirs easy to remove
- Makes hot coffee – great if you like it more than lukewarm
- A little expensive – although well worth the money
- Take a few goes to master – but still very easy to use
5. De’Longhi ECP3420 Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
For those who prefer a more hands-on brewing experience, this De’Longhi machine could be a good pick.
Since it brews espresso under 15 bar of pressure, it tastes like the real thing from a coffee shop, and it also boasts a frothing wand, so you can control the froth like a pro, allowing you to produce all your favorite coffee shop drinks.
We also like the large reservoir, which means you don’t need to refill so often, and it’s easy to clean too, making maintenance simple.
On the downside, the espresso it produces is only average, so if you’re an espresso aficionado, you might want to choose another model – however, for cappuccinos and lattes, the espresso is more than adequate.
Also, there is a short wait while it heats up for the first shot, but after that, there is only a short wait between shots.
Overall, a great option if you want something for making cappuccinos and lattes at home – but not so much if you are an espresso connoisseur.
- Brews under 15 bar pressure – just like a pro machine
- Adjustable drip tray – accommodates larger cups
- Manual frother – allows you to control froth like a pro
- Large reservoir – don’t need to refill too often
- Easy to clean – simple maintenance
- Takes a while to heat up for first shot – but quick after that
- Only average espresso – but perfect for cappuccinos and lattes
6. Gevi Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
The Gevi espresso and cappuccino machine is an affordable yet functional coffee maker that will allow you to prepare good quality coffee drinks in your home.
We like how it’s easy to use and also easy to clean – there’s nothing too difficult to understand, so anyone will be able to use it. A big positive is that it also has dual temperature control, so the temperature of the water and the milk is controlled separately.
Another plus is that it brews under 15 bar pressure, just like pro machines, and it also includes the large reservoir, so you won’t need to keep refilling all the time.
However, even though it’s easy to use, you’ll need to practice a bit before you master pulling the perfect espresso on it. Also, the coffee that comes out of it might not be piping hot enough for some, although this is normal with espresso.
In short, a great machine if you want something for making espresso and espresso-based drinks like cappuccino without spending a fortune on it – and if that sounds like what you need, this machine could be a smart pick.
- Very reasonable price – great value for money
- Simple to use – and also easy to clean
- Brews under pressure – 15 bar like a pro machine
- Dual temperature control – for water and frother
- Large reservoir – needs refilling less often
- Coffee not hot enough for some – although normal for espresso
- Learning curve – takes a while to master pulling a perfect espresso
7. Sboly Espresso Latte Cappuccino Machine with Milk Frother
This is a machine that will appeal to anyone who wants a machine from the lower end of the price range that will give a good approximation of coffee shop drinks like cappuccinos.
The design is simple and easy to understand, so anyone will be able to work it. Also, it heats up quickly, meaning you won’t have to wait a long time for it to be ready.
We like the manual frother for cappuccinos and lattes, and the fact that the coffee it brews is piping hot will be a plus for many.
On the downside, the manufacturer states that you need to use course-ground coffee – but since espresso is supposed to be made with fine-ground, this means you can’t use it to make true espresso. Also, the carafe is small, so you won’t be able to make large quantities of coffee.
This is a budget machine that does what it was designed for very well. If you want a top-end machine, you’ll have to pay more – but for an inexpensive cappuccino maker, this one is a winner.
- Simple design – no complicated controls
- Fast brew – don’t need to wait ages for it to heat up
- Brews hot coffee – great if you don’t like it just warm
- Compact unit – with small footprint
- Includes manual frother – for making cappuccinos and more
- Doesn’t work with espresso grind – so doesn’t make true espresso
- Small carafe – only holds a small quantity of coffee
So many great options to choose from
As you can see, there are so many great options to choose from, making it hard to decide which one to go for. If you need a new cappuccino machine but can’t make up your mind, any of the models in our review would be a great place to start looking.