When you’re shopping around for the best coffee maker with hot water dispenser, there are many factors to consider.
Drip-brew coffee remains one of the most popular ways of brewing coffee at home, so choosing a machine that gives you everything you need is essential.
Some of the most important elements that make a coffee maker stand out from all the rest are how easy it is to program its settings, how hot the water dispenses and the machine’s overall versatility.
The Best Coffee Maker With Hot Water Dispenser 2020
1. Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Hot Water System (Our Top Recommended)
The Cuisinart CHW-12 brings all the traditional features of a programmable coffee maker into the more modern need for versatility in a brewing station.
Customizable settings can be programmed to brew your coffee up to 24 hours in advance and lets you can control the temperature that warms the carafe.
The press of a lever delivers fresh, hot water and replaces the need for a kettle most often used for brewing tea or heating water for soups and breakfast cereals.
- A pause button lets you stop mid-brew in case you forgot to put the carafe under the drip or if you want to serve a cup first and then let it continue with the rest.
- On-demand water heating system that allows you to brew coffee or heat up water for instant oatmeal, soup, or brewing cups of tea and hot cocoa.
- Variety of indication lights that signal when water is at temperature, ready for dispensation or the volume is too low and in need of a refill.
- Uses a #4 cone style filter, so coffee drinkers who prefer a paper filter may not find them as easily as flat-bottomed filters at local stores.
- Hefty size takes up a lot of countertop space, which can be a problem for smaller kitchens without a lot of counter real estate.
- Refilling the water carafe can seem clumsy at first given its placement on the machine.
2. Hamilton Beach 49980A Programmable Single Serve and Coffee Pot Maker
Whether you’re brewing a full 12-cup pot of coffee or just need a single-serve cup of joe, the Hamilton Beach 49980A can be programmed to provide both.
Two brew strength selections offer aficionados a choice according to their tastes and preferences, and a stand on the single-serve side makes brewing small cups just as easy as travel mug sizes.
The stainless steel build components make it a durable and stylish fixture for any kitchen that’s easy to keep clean and looking sharp.
- Both the carafe and single-serve functions can be programmed up to 24 hours in advance of brew time, which makes waking up to one or more cups of coffee brewing easy.
- Separate water dispensers for the single-serve and the carafe sides make it easy to keep a cycle of filtered water fresh between brews.
- A built-in stand on the single-serve side reduces splatter when brewing small portions for regular sized cups instead of taller travel mugs.
- Not compatible with K-Cup or other single-serve backs, which means the single-serve function only works with soft pods packaged in a disk shape or with traditional ground coffee.
- Only two brew strength options, which limits the versatility available for coffee lovers who like to match the strength of their brew to the roast of their bean.
- The single-serve side favors brewing coffee rather than being versatile enough for dispensing hot water safely and easily for cereals, soups or tea.
3. Mr. Coffee BVMC-DMX85 – 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Integrated Hot Water Dispenser
Mr. Coffee’s BVMC-DMX85 model takes a cue from the new trend in coffee makers and makes a solid show of stepping into the modern age with versatile functionality.
Its dual water reservoirs let you choose just how to brew your coffee and even lets you pause the carafe’s brew cycle to pour a cup while you wait for the rest.
The levered single-serve dispenser not only gives you the option of making tea or hot cocoa, but also just-add-water instant foods.
With its black and chrome features designed in a less boxy style than other makers on the market, it provides a stylish flair that could fit with many kitchen themes.
- With two water reservoirs available, the single-serve side can hold up to 16 ounces of water for brewing tea or making hot cereals and soups.
- The lightweight and compact build make it easy to fit on smaller countertops for kitchens that don’t have a lot of space available for small appliances.
- Indication light for whether the hot water dispenser is still heating or turned off allows for accurate and safe use.
- Condensation and coffee grounds can carry over from the carafe’s dispenser to the single-serve side when used simultaneously, which can impact the flavor of the water for single-serve portions.
- If the lever for the hot water dispenser on the single-serving side breaks, there is no other way to dispense water on that side.
- The plastic components are not as durable as other coffee makers on the market and can break more easily with regular use.
With so many options on the market, it can be hard to decide which is the best coffee maker with hot water dispenser.
Remember, a great cup of coffee depends not only on freshly roasted and ground beans, but the right temperature of fresh, filtered water and a proper brewing technique.
Without those three things, you may end up with a sour or bitter cup of a joe that’s sure to ruin your day before it even starts.
Our pick for the best coffee maker with hot water dispenser has to be the Cuisinart Coffee Plus.
We love the versatility it provides, the filter system in place and we trust the Cuisinart brand to deliver a quality product and an excellent cup of coffee time and time again.