Remodeling a kitchen can be among the most expensive jobs you do in your home, but you stand to save a lot of cash if you are willing to do some or all of the work yourself.
We’ve had a look online to see what other people have been doing, and as a result here is a collection of tips, plans and suggestions for making a success of your DIY Kitchen remodel.
Table of Contents
- 1. A Budget-Friendly DIY Kitchen Remodel
- 2. DIY Kitchen Makeover
- 3. 7 DIY Kitchen Changes When a Remodel Has to Wait
- 4. $300 DIY Kitchen Makeover
- 5. Before & After: A $2,000 Mostly DIY Kitchen Remodel
- 6. How To: $500 DIY Kitchen Remodel
- 7. Our $500 DIY Kitchen
- 8. Affordable DIY Kitchen Renovation (Before & After)
- 9. Kitchen Remodel DIY: A Step-By-Step Guide
- 10. Kitchen Remodel – Major DIY Kitchen Renovation on a budget!
- 11. DIY Kitchen Remodel
- 12. DIY Ikea Time Lapse Kitchen Build
- 13. Beginners Guide: DIY Kitchen Remodel on a Budget
- 14. DIY How to Renovate Your Kitchen with a Minimalist Style A to Z
- 15. What I Wish I Knew Before My DIY Kitchen Remodel
- 16. Our DIY $750 Kitchen Remodel
- 17. DIY Kitchen Remodeling on a Budget: 5 Money-Saving Steps
- 18. Amazing Kitchen Makeover for Under $500
- 19. 10 Things You Should Never Do During a Kitchen Renovation
- 20. DIY Painted Kitchen Cabinets – Dramatically transform your kitchen for under $100
- 21. DIY Kitchen Remodel: A How-To Guide
- Lots of ways to save significant amounts of money
1. A Budget-Friendly DIY Kitchen Remodel
First up, if you’re looking for some tips that will help you save some money when remodeling your kitchen, this blog could be a great place to start. It’s full of all the kind of information you need to make the right decisions as well as plenty of advice that will help you avoid spending any more than you need to on the project.
2. DIY Kitchen Makeover
If your kitchen is in need of a refresh, you might not need to redo everything, and something as simple as giving your cupboards and cabinets a coat of paint might be enough to give the whole room a bright, new look. Here, you’ll see how this YouTuber did just that, and we’re sure you’ll agree the results are impressive too.
3. 7 DIY Kitchen Changes When a Remodel Has to Wait
Sometimes we know our kitchen is due a full remodel, but we might not have the cash to take care of the whole job right now – in which case, there are some other smaller actions you can take to postpone the inevitable until a more opportune moment. In this blog, you’ll learn about seven changes you can make to your kitchen while you save up for a full remodel later.
4. $300 DIY Kitchen Makeover
A full kitchen remodel can easily cost in the region of $20,000 – and way more, depending on the style, the quality of the fittings and the work you decide to do or have done. However, if you don’t have that kind of money sitting around just at the moment, there’s still a lot you can do on a much tighter budget – and this YouTube video should give you a couple of ideas about the kind of thing you can hope to achieve with no more than $300 at your disposal.
5. Before & After: A $2,000 Mostly DIY Kitchen Remodel
Having your kitchen remodeled is the kind of job not everybody can do themselves, but if you’re willing to try to do at least part of the work, you can leave the most difficult part to the pros and still make significant savings. That’s what Xan and her husband did – and this blog post tells the story of how it went and what it looked like when it was finished.
6. How To: $500 DIY Kitchen Remodel
Even without huge amounts of cash at your disposal, there are still huge improvements that can be made to a kitchen, and with only $500, you can expect to achieve impressive results. That’s how much this YouTuber spent remodeling his kitchen, and as you can see from the video, it looks like it was money extremely well spent!
7. Our $500 DIY Kitchen
$500 seems to be a good amount to spend on a kitchen remodel because here’s another blog showcasing the kind of work you can expect to get done if that’s the money you have available. Again, the results are fantastic – so if you were worried about needing to invest thousands of dollars updating an upgrading your kitchen, this is likely to come as welcome news!
8. Affordable DIY Kitchen Renovation (Before & After)
If you’re in the early stages of planning a kitchen remodel and you’re starting to think about budgets, prices and possibilities, this video is essential viewing since it will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration for the kind of things you might like to try. We enjoyed watching this video because the YouTuber is so passionate about what she does – and we’re sure lots of others will appreciate her enthusiasm and charisma too.
9. Kitchen Remodel DIY: A Step-By-Step Guide
For people who are further along in the decision-making process, after you’ve made up your mind to take on a DIY remodeling project, you’ll probably be looking for help and guidance as to where to start. If that sounds like you, this site will be able to help you organize your thoughts and start creating a more logical plan for how to proceed.
10. Kitchen Remodel – Major DIY Kitchen Renovation on a budget!
Of course, if you have a bit more cash available for your remodel, a lot more possibilities become available to you. The renovation in this video cost “under $10,000”, which might seem a lot, but it’s still a lot less than you might expect to pay if you hired professionals to do the whole job. And if that’s the kind of money you expect to spend, this is a video you’re sure to find interesting.
11. DIY Kitchen Remodel
If you want to get an idea of the basics that will be involved with your DIY kitchen remodel, this is a succinct introduction to the kind of things you can expect – so if you’re not sure whether you’re up to it, this site will help you decide.
12. DIY Ikea Time Lapse Kitchen Build
One great option for a relatively simple kitchen remodel is to turn to Ikea. The Swedish furniture giant specializes in making products that are super-easy to work with and extremely reasonably priced – and in this video, you can see what the project will be like from start to finish.
13. Beginners Guide: DIY Kitchen Remodel on a Budget
Before starting on any kitchen remodel, it’s a good idea to read up as much as possible first, especially if you’ve never done anything like this before. If that sounds like you, this blog is a great place to start since it provides a good introduction to the topic for beginners.
14. DIY How to Renovate Your Kitchen with a Minimalist Style A to Z
If you’re looking for a video that gives you all the information you need about how to remodel a kitchen, this one should be of interest. It’s two and a half hours long, so you’ll need to set aside some time to watch it – but we’re sure you’ll feel it’s time well spent.
15. What I Wish I Knew Before My DIY Kitchen Remodel
They say experience is the best teacher, and it’s always useful to learn from our mistakes – but rather than making expensive mistakes when you remodel your kitchen, it’s a better idea to learn from the mistakes of others. And if you agree, this is a blog you’re sure to find interesting.
16. Our DIY $750 Kitchen Remodel
In this video, you’ll see how this YouTuber remodeled her kitchen for just $750. That’s much less than you might spend if you pay professionals to do it for you, so if you want to save yourself a lot of money, this video is recommended viewing.
17. DIY Kitchen Remodeling on a Budget: 5 Money-Saving Steps
When you start your remodel, you’ll need to work out your budget to decide what you want to do and what you can afford to do. However, even if you are on a tight budget, there are certain ways to make your money go further – and this blog gives you tips and tricks for how to do it.
18. Amazing Kitchen Makeover for Under $500
Here’s an impressive DIY kitchen makeover – and it cost less than $500. You get to see the state of the kitchen before they start and then after they finish. The result is amazing, and it’s hard to believe they managed it for so little money.
19. 10 Things You Should Never Do During a Kitchen Renovation
As we’ve already mentioned, it’s best to plan your kitchen renovation properly so you can avoid making costly mistakes – and on this site, you’ll learn ten top tips that will help you do just that.
20. DIY Painted Kitchen Cabinets – Dramatically transform your kitchen for under $100
If you don’t have the funds for a full kitchen remodel, you might be looking for less expensive ways of freshening up the space. If that sounds like you, check out this plan that shows you how this YouTuber gave a kitchen a new look for only $100.
21. DIY Kitchen Remodel: A How-To Guide
For anyone just starting their kitchen remodeling project, reading a good how-to guide will help you make a proper plan and give the best chance of success. If that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for, this site contains just such a guide that will give you all the information and tips you need.
Lots of ways to save significant amounts of money
As you can see, when remodeling a kitchen, there are many ways you can save yourself lots of money. Probably the key to doing a good job is doing as much research as you can before you start to make sure you have all the information you need to make your project a success.