You might have realized by now, ‘Stainless’ steel does stain! However, there’s no need to panic if your stainless-steel items have started looking old and dirty. We’ve got you covered.
Here, we’ve listed out seventeen best stainless steel cleaner DIYs available on the internet. These DIYs do not contain toxic ingredients as commercial stainless steel cleaners and are also very pocket-friendly.
Nevertheless, note that routine cleaning of stainless steel surfaces can be done only using warm water, and these DIYs are more effective as mild to advanced cleansers.
- 1. The Best Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 2. How To Make Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner In Just Minutes
- 3. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances (Easy Kitchen Cleaning Ideas That Save Time) Clean My Space
- 4. 10 Surprising Ways to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
- 5. DIY ALL-IN-ONE GLASS AND STAINLESS STEEL CLEANER
- 6. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances Easily at Home
- 7. Cleaning Stainless-Steel Appliances: 3 At-Home Methods + 3 Store-Bought Picks We Stand By
- 8. Best Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 9. How to Make Your Own Stainless Steel Appliance Cleaner
- 10. How to Clean Very Dirty Stainless Steel
- 11. The Best Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 12. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
- 13. How to clean stainless steel and keep your appliances shine
- 14. Eco-friendly Tips for Taking Care of Your Stainless Steel Sink!
- 15. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances With Baking Soda and Other Natural Cleaners
- 16. How to Remove Scratches from Stainless Steel Appliances
- 17. The Best Way to Remove Scratches from Stainless Steel
1. The Best Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner
With the help of three food-grade ingredients, this blogger has shared an effective recipe of DIY stainless steel cleaner to bring back the luster in your appliances. Furthermore, on this site, you’ll also find out essential tips on how to clean specific types of appliances.
Overall, the procedure is very elaborative yet easy. Furthermore, few notes you’ll have to be aware of beforehand are also included.
2. How To Make Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner In Just Minutes
In this site, you’ll see how two items that are readily available in our home are used for cleaning and polishing stainless steel, respectively. Before and after pictures are also embedded in the post for your convenience.
3. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances (Easy Kitchen Cleaning Ideas That Save Time) Clean My Space
It is a tutorial video where the Youtuber uses two major ingredients to clean and polish her stainless steel refrigerator. If you’d instead read instructions than watching the video, she has mentioned all the ingredients and procedures in the description section as well.
However, the personality and delivery of the Youtuber are so great that I didn’t realize that the 5:30 minutes of video was already over. But if you’re not someone who enjoys chit-chat and wants to get straight into the point-the actual tutorial starts at 2:35.
4. 10 Surprising Ways to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
As the title suggests, you’ll be surprised to see ten simple ways of cleaning your stainless steel appliances.
Some of these DIY uses readily available ingredients such as oil and flour. However, commercial products, such as WD40 are also included. Either way, it is an extremely useful site if you’ve run out of your stainless steel cleaners and want something to clean your appliances with.
5. DIY ALL-IN-ONE GLASS AND STAINLESS STEEL CLEANER
The most wonderful part about this site is that the writer shares some major ingredients used in most of the home-based cleaners along with their applications and functions.
What’s more, her recipe not only works as a stainless steel cleaner but also is a great glass cleaner. Furthermore, if you’re intrigued to find out what other ingredients you can use to clean around your home, head over to this site.
6. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances Easily at Home
This 2:29 minutes YouTube video provides you a cleaner recipe that uses five ingredients. Before and after pictures are also shown in the video to gain your confidence.
In 6 distinct steps, the robotic voice gives you a clear direction of how to make the cleaner and how to clean your appliance. In the description section, it is mentioned that this recipe is abrasive enough to remove water spots, stuck-on grease, and even strikes.
So, use this recipe only if your appliance requires advanced cleaning.
7. Cleaning Stainless-Steel Appliances: 3 At-Home Methods + 3 Store-Bought Picks We Stand By
First things first, you have to know the don’ts while cleaning your stainless steel appliances, and I admire the fact that this site has addressed this topic at the beginning of the post.
Afterward, they not only share with you three useful at-home DIYs but also have provided three best commercial cleaners that do the job.
So, if you’ve become more inclined towards DIY cleaners after you encountered a horrible commercial product, this might be the time to give these commercial products one more try. However, if you’re a DIY person, this site caters to your need as well.
8. Best Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner
Here, you’ll find out two such ingredients which should not be used to clean and polish the stainless steel appliances. The blogger then shares the best and safest method to clean your appliances.
At the end of the post, she also provides you some bonus DIY tips on how to clean your stainless steel sink. As the sink is filthy in comparison to other appliances, the cleaning method is different. So, you must go through the post all the way until the end.
9. How to Make Your Own Stainless Steel Appliance Cleaner
The Youtuber in this video is a green cleaning coach and an author. She uses four simple ingredients to make a cleaner, which can be used on any stainless steel appliances. However, the procedure for cleaning the appliances is not described, and the demo is also absent.
If you follow this recipe, make sure to use the cleansing scrub in the direction of the grain in your appliances.
10. How to Clean Very Dirty Stainless Steel
Only head over to this site if your appliances and very dirty or if you’re looking for a cleaner for your sink as this recipe might be quite abrasive. You’ll need three ingredients and two tools to clean your appliances using this recipe.
For your convenience, the procedure is divided into three simple steps. Furthermore, if you keep scrolling down the post, you’ll also find DIYs on how to get a stain off a nonstick cookie sheet and some home remedies to clean stainless steel silverware.
11. The Best Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaner
This recipe is perfect if your stainless steel surface consists of fingerprints and soft greases as the formula is non-abrasive. If you want to follow this recipe, you will only need vinegar and water.
Make sure to read the warning and precautions section in the post to ensure that no harm is inflicted upon anyone.
12. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
This site is incredible. It is an all-in-one guide to cleaning stainless steel appliances.
If you’re concerned about specific appliances and whether or not a single recipe works for all, you’ll find individualized sections on how to clean washer/dryer, dishwasher, and refrigerator, and sink using at-home products.
Furthermore, different recipes to enhance shine, remove fingerprints, and get rid of rust are elaborated individually. So, if you’re a newbie in DIY cleaning, I highly recommend you to go through this post.
13. How to clean stainless steel and keep your appliances shine
This is another useful site if you’re not sure how to clean specific appliances. In this post, you’ll learn to clean stainless steel utensils, make cleaning detergent, clean stainless steel sink, and to clean steel jewelry.
You’ll also be provided with warnings and tips to keep in mind while cleaning stainless steel items.
14. Eco-friendly Tips for Taking Care of Your Stainless Steel Sink!
If you’re looking forward to cleaning your sink in an eco-friendly way, this is the perfect site for you. From mild cleaning tips to the removal of rust, this site has it all. Furthermore, the blogger also shares some ways to add extra sparkle to your sink.
15. How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances With Baking Soda and Other Natural Cleaners
This site is comprehensive and has targeted each problem in different sections making it a very convenient post.
You will find sections that guide you on what not to use in stainless steel surfaces, how to remove as well as prevent fingerprint, how to scrub away tougher stains, opinion on using soap and water as a cleanser, and finally, on how to keep new stainless steel happy.
16. How to Remove Scratches from Stainless Steel Appliances
Sometimes, no matter how hard you grease your elbow on cleaning your appliances, it ends up looking streaky. In this site, you’ll find DIY recipes on how to remove fine as well as deep scratches from the stainless steel surface.
However, make sure to read the initial section of the post where the writer has provided some tips to check the appliance is actually stainless steel and not its simulation or coating, in which case the DIY might be harmful to the surface.
17. The Best Way to Remove Scratches from Stainless Steel
This YouTube video guides you on how to remove slight scratches from the stainless steel surface. At the beginning of the video, you will get some bonus tips on cleaning and what to avoid using on stainless steel surfaces.
Overall, this video seems very useful, as many commenters have left positive feedback.
Once you start cleaning your stainless steel appliances using DIY methods, there’s no going back. All the stainless steel surfaces will remain sparkly, and you will be saving significant money without you even realizing it.
However, make sure to read/watch the articles and videos in detail since if you miss out on some crucial information, it might eventually lead to damaged surfaces.